You have just met a cosmetic dentist in Manly, and you can’t help but feel excited about the thought of having your teeth fixed. Although you have been brushing and flossing and sometimes even gargle mouthwash, it seems as if you are still doing something wrong because your teeth aren’t as white as you want them to be. Your diet including the food and drinks that you consume all contribute to the discoloration of your teeth. Luckily, cosmetic dental treatments are available to help you achieve the beautiful white smile that you want.
Will dental cleaning be able to do it? Some friends might say that perhaps all you need is to have your teeth cleaned. Yes, dental cleaning by a professional dentist in Manly may help, but the effect you can expect may vary. If the discoloration of your teeth is no longer ordinary, which means it has become extreme that it has dramatically affected the overall condition of your teeth, then routine dental cleaning might not be enough.
If you are considering undergoing cosmetic dental treatments, here are some of them on a list:
· Teeth Whitening – this may come first on your list. It is a relatively inexpensive way of having the beautiful smile that you have always wanted. This treatment helps remove stains on your teeth and provide another layer of protection to keep the cavities from destroying your teeth.
· Composite Bonding – although this is also known for its use in improving the outer appearance of the teeth, it is mainly used to strengthen chipped off teeth. It requires very little preparation, and it does not need a long recovery time. The dentist might suggest the patient go on a soft diet for a few days.
· Dental Implants – Implants are usually made out of titanium. They are used to replace a missing tooth and restore the natural function of the tooth. The implant is then fitted with a crown to make it appear natural in the mouth. Nobody can tell it’s a dental implant and that’s the whole point of getting one.
· Orthodontic Aligners – instead of metal braces, patients can opt for orthodontic aligners. Unlike metal braces, these aligners are clear that’s why they cannot be seen unless strictly observed. They are also perfect to help straighten teeth.
· Tooth Contouring – cosmetic dentists also perform tooth reshaping or tooth contouring using a drill or a laser. The reshaping of the teeth is done based on the patient request, and the suggestion of the dentist after the proper evaluation is made.
How do I choose which cosmetic dental treatment I should get? It all depends on the current condition of your overall dental health. From there, the cosmetic dentist will make recommendations as they deem fit. The cosmetic dentist you trust will only have your best interest in mind.