To our fantastic orthodontic patients!
We hope you have been staying safe at home and continuing your orthodontic treatment as recommended by your dentist.
With tighter restrictions from the government for dental practices to only provide emergency treatment you may be concerned with what impact this may have for you and your ongoing care.
Sydney Road Dental Care understands how important your treatment is. Please be assured that placing a pause on your orthodontic treatment will not negatively impact the movement of your teeth.
Some important points to remember while you continue your orthodontic treatment at home:
- Continue to wear your aligners for a minimum of 22hrs and progress to your next aligner only as advised.
- If you are on your last available aligner at home please continue to wear as recommended to hold your tooth position in place, ready for the next aligner to be issued when we are able to see you again.
**Please remember failure to wear your aligners as recommended can increase the risk of further delays to your orthodontic treatment **.
- Remember to remove your aligners when eating and brushing your teeth and place them back in soon after.
- Use chewies every time you are wearing the aligners to make sure they are a good fit.
- Remember to gently clean your aligners at least once a day using your toothbrush under running water with soap. No toothpaste is required.
We will keep our patients receiving orthodontic care informed with any new changes to our service restriction so you will be a priority if any reviews are required.
We thank you for your patience and understanding.
If you have any concerns or any questions please contact us as we are still here for you.