At Sydney Road Dental Care, we have a brand new digital dental x-ray OPG machine which takes a panoramic x-ray of your teeth and jaws to show the presence and position of your teeth.
We recommend taking dental x-rays every 4-5 years for all patients as standard practice.
Did you know OPG stands for Orthopantomogram
Some of the benefits of a digital dental x-ray
(compared to normal dental x-rays)
- Less radiation than standard x-rays
- done on site
- immediate results
- full mouth in one exposure
- better diagnostic results
- less chemical waste
- digitally stored with your patient record for easy retrieval
- diagnostic screening tool for wisdom teeth, cysts, tumours, sinus, jaw development
- diagnostic tool in kids to ensure adult teeth are present
Additional information on the technology can be found on the manufacturer’s website.Request appointment