Do you have severely stained, broken, cracked, or misshapen teeth? If yes, then dental veneers are the solution for you. If you don’t know much about dental veneers, you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will discuss everything you need to know about dental veneers. Let’s start with the basics.
Veneers are thin, porcelain or composite resin shells that adhere to the surface of your teeth to mask imperfections. They are custom made to fit over your teeth to leave you with an improved smile. Dental veneers are used to correct shape, size, and color of the teeth by fixing cosmetic dental issues like chipped, misaligned, or stained teeth. Let’s take a look at more about this dental procedure.
Pros and cons of getting dental veneers
Like every product and procedure, dental veneers also come with their advantages and disadvantages.
- Overconsumption of alcohol, tobacco, and highly pigmented food can ruin the natural color of your teeth. You can improve the shade of your teeth with the help of over the counter teeth whitening kits. But, that may not be a long term solution. The results may not stay for a longer period with such treatments. On the other hand, dental veneers can help keep your smile bright for decades. Dental veneers are stain resistant. Unless and until, you are maintaining good oral hygiene, you do not have to worry about stained veneers.
- If you have cracked, chipped, or gaps in between your teeth, then dental veneers can help cover these imperfections. Though dental veneers do not treat the cracked, chipped or gapped tooth, it successfully camouflages these issues.
- Tooth enamel erosion is another dental concern with many people. Once your enamel is eroded, it doesn’t grow back. Due to rough brushing or over-consumption of highly acidic foods and drinks the tooth enamel gets eroded over time. Dental veneers are the best option to treat this condition. This is done by extracting the eroded tooth enamel and applying dental veneers.
- Dental veneers are expensive. The cost of getting dental veneers may vary depending upon your condition.
- Many people experience increased tooth sensitivity after getting dental veneers. Tooth sensitivity can be very disturbing, but with the help of right oral care products, it is manageable. You may consult the dentist for help if you experience issues of teeth sensitivity after getting dental veneers.
Additional things to bear in mind while getting dental veneers
Dental veneers are not suitable for everybody. They may seem like an ultimate solution for cosmetic dental issues, but as you can see, they have their limitations too. Dental veneers are not a solution for damages caused by misalignment or decay as they are just a shell placed on the tooth surface to mask imperfections. Before getting dental veneers, it is essential that your teeth are in good health. If a person has unhealthy teeth or is suffering from dental issues like gum diseases, tooth decay, or bruxism, then dental veneers may not be the right solution.
If you are wondering whether or not you are eligible for getting dental veneer, then you should visit Sydney Road Dental Care. Our team will help you with a thorough dental examination to check your candidature for dental veneers.