Wondering where you can get SmileFast near you?
Right here, in Manly NSW 2095!
Don’t want to wait 2 years for straight teeth? SmileFast means you’ll get them in 6 months!
What is SmileFast?
SmileFast is an innovative, short-term orthodontic treatment using clear brackets and tooth-coloured wire to straighten your front teeth. It is a much quicker and more affordable option than traditional metal braces, designed to fix your smile in about 6 months instead of 2 years.
Who is SmileFast suitable for?
SmileFast is an ideal solution for those who want the cosmetic straightening properties of traditional braces but do not need their bite or occlusion to be fixed.
It is also suitable for those experiencing common dental issues in their front teeth including:
- Overbites and open bites
- Crowded, overlapping teeth
- Canted midlines and asymmetry
- Diastemas and spacing
- Reverse smile lines
What are the benefits of SmileFast?
- Faster, reduced treatment times – the average treatment time is 6 months. Compare this to comprehensive orthodontic treatment, which takes <18-24 months. However, it should be noted that SmileFast is quicker because it only straightens your front teeth and does not affect the way they bite together.
- Barely noticeable – clear braces and tooth-coloured nickel-titanium wire provide a cosmetically <pleasing solution among many patients for being incredibly discreet.
- Affordable – SmileFast is usually a less expensive option than traditional metal braces or clear aligners. This is reflected in its speedy treatment time.
- Effective – SmileFast easily moves and straightens the teeth (instead of the teeth and straightens them. Use of the braces has also shown to provide the most conservative and predictable result.
- No Loss of healthy tooth structure – it does not require the cutting down of your teeth unlike dental veneers, which require half a millimetre to be trimmed by your dentist before the teeth can be aligned.
- Convenient – the clear braces system works 24/7.
- Safe and comfortable – due to its short treatment time and low movement forces, patients will appreciate the safety, comfort and oral hygiene SmileFast provides.
^ Enjoy the ease and comfort smile fast provides
How does the SmileFast process work?
- Initial consultation – your dentist will determine if you are a suitable candidate for SmileFast. He/she will examine your oral condition, take X-rays and make a mould or impression of your teeth to model how they fit together. This will also determine where the clear brackets and tooth-coloured wires will be positioned.
- Placement – your dentist will apply a small amount of bonding adhesive to both your tooth enamel and the clear brackets to bond them in place. A custom tray is then placed over your teeth to ensure that the brackets are seated and positioned properly. A high-intensity light is used to harden the adhesive and secure the brackets in place. Your dentist will then attach the tooth-coloured wires and adjust them to ensure proper tooth movement.
- Final preparation – after the initial consultation, you will visit your dentist every 4 or 5 weeks for any necessary adjustments (typically taking only 15 minutes for each appointment) and tightening of the wires until you complete your treatment. Once it is complete, the brackets and wires will be removed.
Recovery after SmileFast
You can expect your teeth to feel tight and sore after the braces are first placed and adjusted. This lasts for about 4-6 hours after your appointment. However, the soreness should disappear within 3-5 days, which can be managed with OTC (over-the-counter) pain relievers in the meantime.
Once your treatment is completed and your braces are removed,
You can either wear a nighttime retainer to maintain the correction of the teeth or a permanent solution is a bonded wire to the backs of the lower teeth preventing any drifting of the teeth to occur
After a 6-Months Smiles appointment, caring for your braces is important to maintain your oral hygiene:
- Avoid acidic and high sugar foods and drinks. Hard and sticky foods are also not advised as they can break the bonds between the tooth enamel and brackets.
- You should brush at least 3 times a day to help maintain a healthy mouth and prevent enamel damage.
- It is recommended you carry a toothbrush with you so you can brush your teeth while at work.
- Using interdental brushes and a water pik is also advised to clean underneath the tooth arch wires.
- To maintain the enamel and tooth structure, washing with fluoride mouth rinses helps greatly.
SmileFast Northern Beaches
At Sydney Road Dental Care, Dr. Fay Callaghan is the only dentist on the Northern Beaches to offer the highly effective and innovative SmileFast system.
If you’re looking to improve your smile, our dentists will be more than happy to make it happen for you.
For more information on SmileFast, visit: https://sydneyroaddentalcare.com.au/six-month-smiles-blog/
To book an appointment online, visit our website at: https://sydneyroaddentalcare.com.au/our-services/six-month-smiles/.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.